Friday, September 26, 2008

A Message from the Sky

Hi Students! Ms.Launey here. If I look tired it's because I am. I have been in this plane now for 3 hours. (I used my webcam to take this picture.) I am on my way to Las Vegas. That is my layover stop before I get back on the plane and head to California. I am typing my post on the plane but I have to wait to post it on the blog until I arrive at the Las Vegas Airport and can get online. Chet and I are so excited to be going to California. (I had to pack him in my checked bag, so he is relaxing in the baggage section of the plane. I promised him I would find a way to keep him in my purse on the way back so he could see some slot machines in the Las Vegas Airport.) Neither of us have been to California before so this is going to be an exciting adventure. 

Even though I am so excited about my trip, the feeling is bittersweet because I am sad that I don't get to read the last two chapters of "The Thing About Georgie" with you. I know I am going to miss the best parts! Will you please keep me up to date by commenting with a report of what happened in Chapters 24 and 25? I don't think I can wait until I get back. So many things have happened in the last couple of chapters. I can't believe that Jeannie "the Meanie" is actually not  that mean at all. I would have never predicted that! Well....I have to run, the pilot just told us to "store carry on baggage" and "turn off any electronic devices".  Have a great weekend and a Marvelous Monday and I will see you on Tuesday for our first field trip. I look forward to getting your comments!

Ms.Launey

P.S. Chet keeps bugging me to take him to Hollywood. He wants to see some movie stars. Should I take him?





11 comments:

Melanie Holtsman said...

Ms. Launey,
How exciting that you are blogging from the plane! Laptops are fun aren't they? I can't wait to see what kinds of adventures Chets has with you.

Melissa Ross said...

Wow! Have a great trip!

Dorry Lopez said...

Hi Meli,
I miss you already! I was so glad to hear from you and Chet! How exciting, his first plane ride! Oh, boy, we read Chapter 24 in "Georgie" today, and it is so exciting. We still do not know if "Baby Godzilla" is a boy or a girl, a baby of normal height or a dwarf. Our last chapter is on Monday, as you know, and I am going to miss Georgie and Jeannie so much. I am so excited for you and Chet to see California! As you both know, I grew up in California, so say "Hi" to sunny
California from Mrs. Lopez. Your class behaved very well today, as always, and both of our classes worked on our Travel Brochures. Our students are very excited to persuade the tourists to come to their continent. They will be done by the time you get back, so be ready to see these creative projects. I will see you soon!

Love, your office buddy and ELA partner,
Mrs. Lopez-Sinclair

Susan T. Phillips said...

Absolutely, you must take Chet to Hollywood - it is sooooo much fun. There is even a Build A bear store at Hollywood and Highland - you may be able to find some fine star wear for him. Have a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms.Launey,I really hope that you get back home safely!Also,YOUR MISSING REALLY GOOD STUFF ABOUT, THE THING ABOUT GEORGIE.It's very good.I'll miss you Ms.Launey,have a nice trip.-Kiala RP#8

Anonymous said...

Ms. Launey,

I hope that you and Chet are enjoying your trip. It is not the same without you here. I look forward to seeing you both back on Tuesday!

Love,
Ms. Phillips

Anonymous said...

good luck if you do go because
he might want to see tony hawk
and alot more actors.


Brian dl5

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. Launey,
I hope you and Chets have a safe flight back. I miss you so much and don't forget to take Chets to Hollywood. I wish you could read The Thing About Georgie to us. Take tons of pictures.I hope your having fun. Monday will not be that fun without you.
~ Alexis A.

Anonymous said...

I missed you when you were gone to California.~Sydney ML#9

Anonymous said...

i mised her to she is a really nice teacher so is mrs lopez




love monica rp#6

p.s. you guys ROCK

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thank chet shud go because it would be cool to see some picshers of him in hollywood! jeremie k. #rp11