Thursday, September 4, 2008

Help us Battle with Books!



Parents and friends, we need your help. There are 15 Sunshine State Reader Books which have to be read and mastered by our 4th grade team. We are going to compete against other teams in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in a high stakes reading battle called "The Battle of the Books". This is a positive, highly motivating reading event that takes place all year. Chets Creek started this last year, and the students were "on fire" with reading these highly motivating, award-winning books. We are reading the battle book, The Thing About Georgie, as a class right now. But the students are eager to check out more battle books from our classroom libraries so that they may read them independently. However, we only have a few of these important books! :>(
How can you help? That is the easy part. Follow the links below to either Ms.Launey's or Ms.Lopez's Donor's Choose Website. There you will be able to donate to our cause (2 sets of the Battle Books per class). Once our proposal goal has been met, the books will be boxed up and sent directly to us so that we may begin preparing for battle. You will also receive a tax deduction form from Donor's Choose. Help us go to battle with the proper ammunition....BOOKS!


Ms.Launey's Donor Page: Click Here

Ms.Lopez's Donor Page: Click Here


Thank you for your support!!

Ms.Launey and Ms.Lopez

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a great idea! I am so impressed that you took Melissa's idea and not only filled out a donorschose but also posted it so parents could contribute. I hope these get fully funded because this is such a powerful way to get students reading and enjoying it!
Suzanne

Melissa Ross said...

Yea! I am so excited that you have posts up. This is a great way for parents to help bring essential tools into the classroom. I love Battle of the Books - I can't wait!

Melanie Holtsman said...

I hope that both of your sets get fully funded because Battle of the Books is such a motivating program. Kudos to you both for taking the time to fill out the Donors Choose form and being proactive about getting these books in the hands of your students. What lucky classes!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Launey

My mom just donated some money to the Donor's Choose site.

I hope we win the battle of the books this year.

I'm so excited to start reading!!

Love,
Erina

Meli O'Leary said...

Erina,
Yippee! Tell your mom thank you so much. Now we are closer to our goal. I'm sure we will be reading our books in no time. With all the wonderful readers in our class I know we will be able to win the Battle of the Books!!!

Ms.Launey

Anonymous said...

My mom donated $10.00 for doners choose.

Lauren M

Anonymous said...

dear Ms.Launey my mom sent $30 to donors choose i hope everyone donates keep on trying.

-kristin:)#3

Anonymous said...

dear Ms.Launey my mom sent $30 to donors choose i hope everyone donates keep on trying.

-kristin:)#3

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so suprised how fast we got all the money we needed for Battle of the books, I hope we win this year!
Sky ml #11

Anonymous said...

WOW.I cant beileve that our class won for the Battel of the books.love kiala

Anonymous said...

WOW.I cant beileve that our class won for the Battel of the books.love kiala

Anonymous said...

WE REACHED THE GOAL!!!!! YEA! I'M SO GLAD WE REACHED THE GOAL!

~Sydney ML#9