Sunday, November 21, 2010

Readers to Leaders!

It is our intention that every fourth grade child read 1,000,000 words this school year. To do this your child should read for at least 20 minutes each night. The books or book equivalents that he reads MUST be within his independent reading range. Your child must read from a variety of authors and various genres.



First Nine Weeks: If your child logged at least 5 chapter books by the end of the first nine weeks, he earned recognition at our Student Recognition Ceremony. All readers participated in our Super Slime Reading “Slip”off. Students meeting their goal participated in a popcorn party.

Goal 2: If your child has logged a total of 10 chapter books by the end of the second nine weeks, he will be recognized at our Student Recognition Ceremony and awarded participation in our Book BINGO Bonanza.

Goal 3: If your child has logged a total of 15 chapter books by the third nine weeks, he will be recognized at our Student Recognition Ceremony and be awarded participation in our Kiss a Pig Picnic with the Principal.

Goal 4: If your child has logged a total of 25 chapter books by the end of the year (teacher read books count as 5), he will be recognized at our Student Recognition Ceremony and if our entire student population has met their reading goals the Principal will spend lunch as a Duct Tape Reading Diva.

Happy reading! How many books do you have on the chart? Will we being seeing YOU at the the Book Bingo Bonanza??

5 comments:

Dorry Lopez said...

I sure hope so, Ms. Launey! Wouldn't it be great to have all 88 of our students meet their goal and participate in all of the fun activities? Can you just imagine: participating in a Duct Tape Reading Diva ceremony!!! I can't wait!! Book Bingo Bonanza, here we come!! Reading is such an enjoyable pleasure in my life, that I can't imagine not reading a book! Next to my bed, I have several books. In my car (of course, at red lights), I have a book. In my purse, I have a book. In my teaching bag, I have a book. In my chair next to the t.v., I have a book. You know what? I have a book within arms reach everywhere that I am! To me, reading if living, and living is reading! Tell us your thoughts as a reader. I think that you got to know what I think of reading. I will be looking for your comments.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, ANGELS!

Love,
Mrs. Lopez-Sinclair

Anonymous said...

I love reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Emma

Anonymous said...

TO BAD!!!!!!ITS NOT ME!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

this bingo bananza is coming toward me.plus i am so happy that i am gonna go to that party. i hope it is fun.i am sure that it is gonna be fun.


janvi patel

ps:this letter only took e about two min.so that concludes that i type fast. my mom timed me.

Anonymous said...

me to i love reading it is very un dont you think so that it fun.


janvirp14