Friday, April 24, 2009

Chet Goes to DC!

Hello everyone!I am so excited to share with you the first two days of my trip. It is very late tonight. I am staying up way past my bedtime so that I can share the pictures I took of my trip with you. Mrs. Phillips, Mrs. Ross and I woke up on Wednesday morning at 4:00 A.M. to drive to the airport and fly to Washington DC. It was warm when we left Jacksonville, but very chilly and rainy when we got to DC. We got to ride in a taxi to our hotel. It was a little scary for me because the driver drove on the wrong side of the road a few times and I had to close my eyes. We went to dinner at a restaurant called the Sequoia that overlooked the Potomac river. We saw a lot of secret service and a motorcade while we were there. We even saw the Presidential helicopter fly over. It was a lot bigger than I thought. After dinner, I headed to bed. I was very tired from all of my traveling.On Thursday morning, I woke up and went with Mrs. Phillips and Mrs. Ross to the lobby of our hotel to get breakfast. There were more secret service men there too. They were everywhere I looked! I don’t know who was in our hotel, but they sure looked important. I got to spend my morning at a math conference where Mrs. Phillips let me listen to all of the really cool new things she gets to teach you when we get back. I pinkie promised her that I would not tell you about them yet.
In the afternoon, I got to go on a tour of Washington DC. Mrs. Phillips let me hold her camera and take all of the pictures. Check out the pictures I took below. Leave a comment if you know anything about any of the places I visited. I would love to learn more.
Love, Chet


1 comment:

Dorry Lopez said...

Thank you for sharing your experiencs, Chet, with the world. You are so fortunate! I have never been to Washington, D.C., but I felt like I was there by watching your slideshow. Please keep sharing your worldly travels, you lucky little bear!

Love,
Mrs. Lopez-Sinclair