Monday, December 29, 2008

A Winter Break Challenge



Ok students, I know you are getting antsy now that you have been out of school for a while. We still have a whole week left until we go back! I figured you might need something to do...a challenge. Have fun with it and you may earn some Behavior
Bucks too.


As we start the new year we will be learning about a new European country, SPAIN! Here is an activity I think you will enjoy that will also help you learn more about Spain.

Imagine that The President of the United States needs an expert in Spanish culture in his cabinet. You applied for the job and after extensive interviewing and background checks, you were hired! The President is preparing for a trip to Madrid, Spain in two months. Your first assignment on the job is to plan and prepare his travel itinerary.
TASK 1:
You must teach the President at least five phrases that he can use during his stay. Keep in mind that he is meeting with government officials, as well as locals. Research using the sites below and choose 5 phrases that you think he needs to know for his trip. Come back here and post your 5 phrases and what they mean. You will earn a buck for each phrase. Good luck! You have until next week to complete your first task.


Use these websites to help you find information:

Spanish Phrases
More Basic Phrases
Pronunciation and Words




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello or should I say Hola.Here is a few phrases I would teach the President if he went to Spain.

The first phrase is hola! That means hello.
The next thing I would tell him to say is como estas. Did you know... como estas means how are you?
They would probaly respond by saying something like this...Muy bien,gracias. Very good, thanks. If someone was wondering his name they would most likely say como te llamos. Como te llamos means what is your name?
I would teach him to answer this question by saying me llamos
(followed by his name). This means my name is (my name).
They might say it's a pleasure to meet you in spainish which is Mucho gusto. Enchantado.

Anonymous said...

Sorry! I forgot to type my name.

~Alexis ML#1

Anonymous said...

Mucho gusto.
It's a pleasure to meet you. I would say this when I met the government officials.

Me has ayudado mucho.
You have helped me very much. I would say this when they started speaking English.

Hablo un poquito. I speak a little. What I would say when asked if I speak Spanish.

No comprendo. I do not understand. I would say this when I didn't understand.

ap#10

Anonymous said...

1. Hola-Hello

2. Como Estas-How are you

3. Buenas Noches-Good afternoon

4. Mucho gusto encantado-Nice to meet you
5. Muy bien, gracias-very well thank you


Min AP#9

Anonymous said...

This website was awsome.Also the stuff that spain learns is so simular to what we learned.

Charisten said...

these are some spanish phrases,

Buenas tardes-good afternoon,good morning.

Buenos días-good day good morning.

¿Qué pasa?-what's happening?

Mucho gusto. Encantado.-it's a pleasure to meet you.

Adiós-goodbye

Jack said...

Here are 5 phrases I learned from that website.
1.Hola-hellow or hi.
2.Adios-Goodbye.
3.como estas-How are you.
4.Me llamo-my name is.
5.Mucho gusto-It's a pleasure to meet you.
Jack AP#8