Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day

Wow! What an exciting first day. I just wanted to thank our third grade teachers from last year. As always, I turn most conversations to math and today was no different. While taking roll I asked the class if they knew how many students were in the room? I told them we had seven tables with six chairs each and all the tables were full. Noah quickly stated that we had 42 students in the room. When asked how he knew, Noah responded, "I know 7 x 7 is 49, so 6 x 7 is one group of 7 less or 42!" He must of had a great teacher last year!

3 comments:

Angela Phillips said...

Way to go, Noah! I am so proud of you!
Aunt P.

Dorry Lopez said...

I agree, Noah! You are one smart boy to figure out that math problem. I love the strategy that you used. I also want to thank our third grade teachers for all of their wonderful teaching last year. I have two classes full of very smart students.

Dorry Lopez

Dorry Lopez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.